In this book you’ll find:
• A clear game structure for playing out missions filled with moment-to-moment danger and tracking the overall fate of the Legion.
• Rookie, Soldier, and five different Specialist playbooks, with Legionnaires created as they are needed when the casualties of war set in.
• Legion roles for all of the players: the Commander sets mission priorities, the Marshal directs the troupes, the Quartermaster manages precious resources, the Spymaster gathers intel in the field, and the Lorekeeper preserves the histories of the Legion.
• Three different Chosen—humans imbued with the powers of the gods, each with their own unique gifts, who aid the Legion.
• Army advancement throughout the campaign, including gaining new materiel and the promotion of the Legion’s troops.
• Four distinct heritages of brave and flawed people seeking to survive another night from the Cinder King’s horrors.
Our numbers are few, our supplies are low, and every operation is a deadly risk—but if any chance exists to make a difference in the outcome of the war, it is this cohort, the only remaining hope, this bloody band of blades!